Enjoy! And let me know how they work out.
1 cup brown rice or whole wheat flour
1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 t baking powder
1 t cinnamon
3/4 cup plant milk
1/3 cup applesauce
1 t vanilla extract
1 small apple, diced
- Preheat oven to 375 and lightly oil donut pan.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix together wet ingredients in a small bowl (or a liquid measuring cup) and pour into dry. Mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in diced apple and spoon into pan.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, until poking with a finger won't leave a dent. Allow to cool in pan for 2-3 minutes before removing.
- Dip in glaze* and/or sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
- Makes 12 donuts.
* Glaze ideas:
Mix together in a shallow bowl and either dip the donuts in or drizzle over the tops
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of maple syrup with 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons soy milk with enough powdered sugar to reach the desired consistency
For each donut: